David Murhamer Meeker is an associate attorney practicing in Friedemann Goldberg LLP’s Business, Real Estate/Real Property, Entertainment, and Litigation groups. Mr. Meeker is the lead attorney at the firm’s Sacramento office.
A Sonoma County native, Mr. Meeker was born and raised in Healdsburg. Prior to attending law school, he worked as an assistant for two years at Friedemann Goldberg. Mr. Meeker received his bachelor’s from the University of California, San Diego, before receiving his law degree from the University of California, Davis, School of Law.
While attending law school, Mr. Meeker worked as a summer associate with the firm and undertook an honors internship with the California Attorney General’s Office in Sacramento. He was also an executive editor for Environs Environmental Law and Policy Journal.
He represents private entities and individuals in business, real estate, and entertainment transactions and disputes. He is also active in the representation of the firm’s financial institution clients.
University of California, San Diego,
Thurgood Marshall College
• Complete defense of $1,000,000 cross-complaint against local property owners in connection with complex option agreement for establishment of environmental mitigation credits.
• Successful negotiation of access easement and other reciprocal easements prior to sale of residential and agricultural property.
• Successful negotiation of access easements over several properties resulting in clients’ ability to obtain financing to purchase ranch.
• Successful negotiation of commercial leases and extensions for landlords and tenants.
• Successful appointment of receivers at apartment complexes and other properties state-wide.
• Successful sale of secured loans.
• Successful recovery of client’s funds from bank in Czech Republic following fraudulent wire transfer and settlement with client’s large institutional bank.
• Settled Commercial Code litigation against community bank client, withstanding appeal by co-defendants Discover Card and MasterCard.
• Complete defense of community bank client on Commercial Code conversion claim involving forged indorsements.
• Complete defense of community bank client on demurrer to claims of fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, intentional interference with contract, and unfair business practices.
• Settled adverse possession claim at trial resulting in lot line adjustment in favor of client.
• Settled fraudulent conveyance arbitration claim resulting in favorable settlement to community bank client.
Ph: 707-543-4900 Fax: 707-543-4910