Ronald P. Wargo is a partner with Friedemann Goldberg LLP. His practice focuses on estate planning, business law, intellectual property law, and sports and entertainment law. He has expertise in estate planning for high net worth individuals, including sophisticated trusts, business planning, income and transfer tax planning, and charitable endeavors.
Mr. Wargo is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He has practiced law since 1998 and is admitted to the bar in California and Wisconsin.
Mr. Wargo received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley and his law degree from the University of California, Hastings School of Law. He has published numerous articles and delivered lectures on various aspects of estate planning, business, intellectual property and tax law.
Mr. Wargo has been included in the 2018 and 2019 Best Lawyers in America for his work in Trusts and Estates. Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Mr. Wargo as a “Super Lawyer” each year from 2014-2018 and named him a “Rising Star” in 2011 and 2012. The North Bay Business Journal named him to its inaugural “40 Under 40” list in 2007.
Mr. Wargo has 20 years experience as an attorney for clients in the business, intellectual property, trusts & estates, and sports and entertainment communities.
- Juris Doctorate
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Bachelor of Arts
- University of California, Berkeley
- United States District Court
- Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- State Bar of California
- Sonoma County Bar Association
Honors and Certifications
- State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Super Lawyers selection 2014-2019
- Best Lawyers in America 2018-2019
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2011-2012
- North Bay Business Journal “40 under 40” – 2007
- “How to Handle Active Business In Trust Administration” – Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council (November 7, 2018)
- “Estate Planning for Digital Assets and Intellectual Property” – Sonoma County Bar Association (March 28, 2018)
- “Tax Issues Resulting from the Wildfires” – Sonoma County Bar Association (December 18, 2017)
- “Recent Changes in Testamentary Capacity Rules” – Sonoma County Bar Association (February 23, 2016)
- “Testamentary Intent: What Were They Thinking” – Sonoma County Bar Association (March 4, 2015)
- “Permanent Portability Planning: Use of Portability in 2014 (and Beyond)” – Community Foundation of Sonoma County (May 21, 2014)
- “California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act” – Sonoma County Bar Association (April 2014)