Stephanie Barber Hess is a partner with Friedemann Goldberg LLP. Her legal practice primarily involves litigating business, banking, commercial, probate, and bankruptcy disputes. She has been practicing law since 1999.
She focuses her practice on analyzing and advocating her clients’ legal and policy positions. She excels at fostering communication with her clients as well as opposing counsel. Ms. Hess combines a communicative and responsive approach with strong analytical thinking to achieve the best possible results for her clients.
Ms. Hess received her bachelor of science degree from the University of California, Riverside, and received her law degree from Southwestern University School of Law, cum laude, working as an extern clerk with Los Angeles Superior Court. She practiced law as a litigator with Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP in Los Angeles prior to joining Friedemann Goldberg.
A resident of Sonoma County for nearly a decade, Ms. Hess is active on several boards and councils within the area, and has been recognized by community and civic organizations for her work. She was named one of the top Women in Business in the North Bay in 2015 by the North Bay Business Journal. She is also active with Sonoma County Women in Law and the Sonoma County Bar Association.
Ms. Hess has nearly 20 years experience as an attorney for clients in matters relating to business litigation, probate litigation, creditors’ rights/bankruptcy, and trust administration.
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude
- Southwestern University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science
- University of California, Riverside
- United States District Court
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- North Bay Business Journal – “Women In Business” 2015
- State Bar of California
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Secretary 2018-2019
- Sonoma County Women in Law
- Board Member 2011-2012
- Sonoma County Probate Bench Bar Committee
- Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council
- Leadership Santa Rosa, Class XXVII, Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce