Steven M. Goldberg is a founding partner of Friedemann Goldberg LLP and is a certified specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He has been recognized repeatedly by national legal publications and by his peers, and is regarded as one of the preeminent estate planning attorneys in the nation.
Mr. Goldberg has comprehensive experience with sophisticated estate planning techniques, tax strategies, complex trust and estate administration matters, business law and business succession planning.
He has also been recognized three times as Lawyer of the Year for Trusts & Estates in the North Bay by Best Lawyers and US News & Review.
A 1984 graduate of the UC Berkeley School of Law, Mr. Goldberg has given lectures on a variety of estate planning and tax issues. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Community Foundation Sonoma County.
Mr. Goldberg has more than 30 years experience as an attorney for clients in trusts, estates, and tax matters.
- Juris Doctorate
- University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts
- San Jose State University
- United States District Court
- Northern District of California
- State Bar of California
- Sonoma County Bar Association
Honors and Certifications
- State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Super Lawyers selection 2005 – present
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Importance of Estate Planning: Navigating the Challenge of Care with Experts in the Field,” Dementia and Alzheimer’s Caregiver Conference
- “Accounting for Lawyers,” Continuing Legal Education, California State Bar
- “Transfer Tax Issues, Asset Protection, Liability and Litigation,” Annual Estate and Fiduciary Update
- “Estate Planning and Trust Administration in a Bad Economy,” California CPA Education Foundation